Chief engineer vacancies and duties plus expectation of Ship Owners
CHIEF ENGINEER OFFICER
The chief engineer is responsible to the captain for:
- Engine and safety department of the crew, equipment and environment directly under its control.
- Maintenance of the ship’s structure and all equipment on board, including all deck equipment
- Implement the company’s policy contained in the General Fleet Instructions, Company Manuals and other official company instructions on all matters related to operation, safety and environmental protection.
- Internal discipline of all employees of the engine and crew department and their evaluation.
- Safe operation of the ship’s machine-technical plant.
- Monitoring the efficiency of the main engine-auxiliary machines.
- Accurate monitoring and control of fuel and lubricant consumption for the vessel and the condition of the fuel and lubricant hopper.
- Refuel with lubricating oils and other fluids if required.
- Maintenance of the main engine, auxiliary machines, loading and unloading and loading machines.
- Compliance with the requirements of legislative and classification studies relating to machinery and related premises.
- Accurate entry of all machine operating parameters by guards / engineers on duty in the engine room log.
- notification of any accident or damage to the ship’s machinery or technical plant.
- Protecting the interests of owners and companies at all times.
- monitoring and recording of all operational records according to the ship’s scheduled maintenance system.
- Directly responsible for training engine cadets on board. He is assisted by a 2nd engineer.
- Any other responsibilities required by the Captain and the Company.Chief Engineer vacancies are available now and would appreciate to review