Crewdata Manual : TRAINEE DECK OFFICER
The deck internship officer is responsible to the Master for:
- Support for navigational surveillance at sea
- Assistance to a third LSA / FFA service officer.
- Assistance to a third officer in maintaining training crewdata records on board (Videotel VOD).
- Supervision of operations from the berth on the instructions of the captain.
The deck officer is accountable to the Chief Executive Officer for:
- Maintenance of cargo watches in the port, including operation of cargo-related systems, as required.
- Check that the load line and valve are installed correctly before starting work.
- Freight operations on behalf of the CEO.
- Ensuring that the deck is properly maintained and guarded and that the vessel remains securely moored.
- Monitoring compliance with agreed loading / unloading plans during cargo operations with special reference to stability / stress. Any deviation, if any, shall be notified immediately to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Keeping records of all events in sequential order in the port log. (This can be in a regular registry book).
- Keeping records of goods in accordance with the requirements of the company.
- any other responsibilities assigned to him by the Chief Officer, including responsibilities for improving the safety and security of the ship at sea or in port.