Crewplanet guidance: pumpman
The Pumpman is responsible to the Chief Officer for:
- Operation of cargo / t pumps under the supervision of OOW
- regular inspection of cargo / ballast pumps during their operation
- Assistance as needed during all cargo and tank cleaning operations
- Daily sounding of all branches, if required.
- any other responsibilities as required by the Master , using crewplanet data
Pumpman is accountable to the Chief Engineer for:
- Maintenance and service of all truck and ballast pumps only under the supervision of the chief engineer.
- Regular lubrication of all truck / ballast pumps during operation
- General maintenance of deck equipment as needed.
- any other responsibilities required by the Chief Engineer, including responsibilities for improving the safety and security of the ship, both at sea and in port.