Electrician / ELECTRICAL TECHNICAL OFFCER/ETO
The Electrician/ETO is responsible to the chief engineer for:
- Maintenance of the ship’s electrical and electronic equipment, including all engines, generators, etc.
- Acceptance of safe work.
- compilation of inventory and details for electrical stores.
- Carrying out UMS test schedules, alarm tests and testing of fire detection equipment.
- assisting engineers in servicing the engine room plant.
- any other responsibilities assigned to him by the foreman or chief engineer.