Jobs At Sea Log Book : TANK/HOLD INSPECTIONS
The Master is to inspect cargo tanks and fuel oil tanks at least every 2½ years. All other holds, tanks and enclosed spaces are to be inspected at least once per year.
When carrying out inspections Masters should carry out the following procedure Jobs At Sea, after discharge the following specific hold checks should be carried out.
- Toe or root of lower bracket connection to hopper tanks.
- Toe or root of upper bracket connection to topside tanks.
- Welded attachment of frames to ship’s shell and to brackets.
- Deformation of frames and brackets
- Condition of the tank tops and cargo securing fittings and attachments.
Special attention should be paid to the forward two holds and to the aftermost hold.
1.19 UNSCHEDULED INSPECTIONS
The General Manager will ensure that the Superintendent is directly responsible for the vessel visits at least twice per year and formulates full reports which are evaluated by the